Monday, October 23, 2006

Circleville Pumpkin Festival



Hello! This past weekend, I talked Anna and Mark into going down to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival. Circleville is this small town about 30 miles south of Columbus. Every year they have their pumkin festival, and it's quite a big production. It has all the charms of a small town festival (including deep fried Oreos and elephant ears) as well as GIANT pumpkins. When I say GIANT... I mean GIANT. The pumpkin that took first price weighed in at 1,362 pounds! Anyway, we went, we saw, we had a great time.

Towards the end of the evening, we passed a booth that said "Oriental Palm Reader." So we said "Why not?" It was kind of funny. Apparently "Oriental" just means a machine made in Japan. All we had to do was place our palm down on a scanner and then this printout with our "future" was generated. If anyone cares, there is romance in my future. Plus, I need to take care of my fair skin in the upcoming winter months so I don't get premature wrinkles.

Also, I got to see the strangest thing in the world! There was a mysterious booth with all these signs saying things like "What is this strange thing?" and "See the strangest thing in the world!" I took a look at it. Do you want to know what the strangest thing is? It's a little dead half man-half animal with wild hair, fangs, and claws. I agree that it was strange, but really I think the stranger thing is that I paid $1 to look at it!

0 comments: