Monday, March 26, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

I haven't posted anything in the past couple of weeks. I'm still here. I'm just busy. The end of the semester is quickly coming to an end. My final in my last class is Monday. Hooray for me! It's a great feeling. This is the last final I will EVER take! Anyway, it's study time. I also have my last presentation to do on Monday also.

We've been busy at the library. In the past month, I have helped with the Seussabration (Dr. Seuss's birthday), our first ever gaming activity for teens, and the teen art contest. I must say, I was quite impressed by the vast amount of artistic talent that teens possess. The piece that won was an etching of Little Miss Muffet with a giant, hairy spider coming down in the foreground. It was really unbelievably good. (As a person who has attempted to make etchings in one of my art classes, I can say they are difficult to do.) There were almost 200 entries. I'm glad I wasn't involved in the process to choose the winner. We had a local artist come in and do that. The winner got a gift certificate to take a summer class at CCAD (Columbus College of Art and Design) - a very cool prize, if you ask me. Second, Third, and Honorable Mention placers got gift certificates to Dick Blick's (an art supplies store).

My birthday is coming up. I'm glad I've been busy. It keeps me preoccupied. I haven't gotten bummed out about turning a year older because I haven't really had much time to think about it. Of course, I've been trying to decide what to do to celebrate. Last year I was in Florida for my birthday. I went to Jelly Rolls with my parents, Drew, and Marquesas. The year before that, Anna, Karen, Hi-D, Val, and I went to GameWorks. That was a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but we just did that at the beginning of the month for Anna's birthday. Anyone got any ideas?

0 comments: