Saturday, April 14, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!!


To celebrate my "22nd" birthday this year, my good friends Anna, Karen, and Sally came with me to have dinner at Max & Erma's. We had dessert first, which was delicious. Most of us had the all you can eat sundae bar, but Sally was different. She had the chocolate chip cookies.

After dinner we went to Game Works. (As is our birthday tradition.) Sally didn't get to go seeing that she has four kids now. She finds it hard to stay out too long or too late. At Game Works, Karen and I were pretty psyched to play Mario Kart. I don't think I've played that since BYU at Sparks in Apartment 30 (FHE brothers). We used to play Mario Kart and 007 for hours on end. I was pretty good back in the day. I am not very good anymore. Plus, the button on my machine that was supposed to shoot people and drop the banana peels and stuff wasn't working. Karen's was, so she kept shooting me every time I got in front of her. Anna sat down to play Crazy Taxi -- another old school game that is very fun. She hadn't ever played it before, and she discovered that she really likes it.

I love this picture of Karen. This game was a car racing game. You had to climb into this pod thing and buckle your seat belt because the whole thing moved around as you drove. I thought it was really fun; Karen thought it was really fun; it made Anna motion sick.

Another game Anna liked was the skiing simulator. Karen and I laughed at her as she played this one becuase she stuck her booty out so far.

At the end of the night, we played some of the really old school games where you win tickets. We didn't win that many, but we got enough to get these stretchy springy bracelets. We call them our "BFF" bracelets. BFF Power Unite!

1 comments:

Valarie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I miss Gameworks!