Sunday, December 02, 2007

IKEA!!!

They opened a new Ikea store in Orlando. I have never been to one before (although I have been getting their catalogs for years). There just has never been one close to where I live. Yesterday Valarie, Jill, Devyn, Alaina, and I all piled in my car and took the two hour drive to get there. It was great! That store is humongous, and they have everything set up in a showroom. I bought this great lamp. My plan is to place it so that it hangs over our dining room table.
After Ikea, we headed over to Disney World to play some mini golf. At Disney, near Epcot Center and the Wide World of Sports, they have this mini golf course that looks like a regular golf course. There are sand traps and "lakes." Perhaps the hardest part (at least for me) is that there is no border around the outside edge. If you hit your ball too hard (which I tend to do), then it goes off the course into the grass or bushes or rocks or whatever. We had a good time at both Ikea and playing golf.

2 comments:

Valarie said...

This was so much fun. I can't wait to see your lamp set up. I just wish I would have remembered that I had FOUR kids so I would have bought the proper number of those hangy thingies!!

Kari said...

Fun place, huh? There is one up on the way to D.C. We stop every time we go to the temple. Nat used to shop there in Europe and was absolutely thrilled to discover one so close by.