Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hello out there!

I'm really looking forward to this week for several reasons:

1. I get 4 days off of work in a row!
I LOVE the time off, and the library will be closed Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Hooray for extra sleep and a whole lot less stress!

2. My parents are coming to town!
Mom and Dad (who work for 20 days straight then get 10 days off) are coming to Florida during their break this month. They arrive on Friday for a fun-filled visit (hopefully with no vomiting this time).

3. I get to see Twilight!
As most of you know, I have read Twilight twice with only luke warm feelings about it. I haven't read any of the other books in the series, but I hear they get better (until the last one at least, which I've heard mixed reviews on). I am excited to see the movie though, and I'm waiting until my Mom is here to see it. My mom and sisters and I are going to see it for our girls' night out next weekend.

4. It's Thanksgiving!
I like Thanksgiving, especially since the family tradition that Val began a few years ago. Instead of having a big Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, etc., we do a big Thanksgiving breakfast with pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits, and the works. Val came up with the idea because her kids prefer the breakfast food. I gotta say, I prefer it also. I'd take a cinnamon roll over a turkey leg any day!

5. Black Friday!
I know I mentioned earlier that I will be getting extra sleep during my time off, but I do not intend to sleep in on Friday morning. I will be standing in line to get into the stores along with all the other shopping nuts. Valarie and I do this every year. After doing it many times in Ohio, I have to say that it's much nicer to do in Florida. While standing outside for hours in November in Ohio calls for coats, hats, gloves, and scarves, doing the same in Florida only requires a long-sleeved t-shirt... maybe. I don't know what stores we're going to hit this year. We always map out our game plan after we see the ads in the Thanksgiving Day newspaper. Generally, our first stores are Toys R Us, Kohl's, and Target. I imagine it will probably be the same this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope you all have as great a week as I am anticipating. Eat lots, and be happy!

4 comments:

Valarie said...

Eeak!! Hooray for Black Friday!!!! (and sleep and mom and dad and all that other stuff, too.)

Mrs. Blimes said...

ah man, i wanna shop and see twilight with yall... it was good btw... a little overdramatized in places but edward is so yummy its easy to overlook!!! even drew enjoyed it.

enjoy your holiday!!!

Kari said...

Sounds fun. Enjoy your week!

Bill Blimes said...

I love your idea for Thanksgiving breakfast. After all of the cooking we did the past 2 days for the BIG dinner I think that a simple morning meal makes so much more sense. Thanks for the idea. Your mom and dad will be greatly missed around here for the next 9 days.