Okay, so I am a big fan of the TV show Lost. I have been watching it from pretty much the very beginning ever since one of my co-workers told me about it and how cool it was. I started watching at about the 3rd episode and have been hooked ever since. Last night's episode was totally... well, I'm not sure what the right word is to describe it. I was watching it with Anna, and we just kept looking at each other going "Huh?" First of all, Ben is crazy! I guess we already kind of knew that. What's with this invisible Jacob guy? Only Ben can see him, but Locke can hear him call for help? Why is Jacob calling for help? Ben was totally acting like he was so scared of Jacob, but then Jacob is the one saying "Help me!" What's up with that?
And what about that Richard guy! He never ages? He's found the Fountain of Youth or something? Why isn't he sharing it with anyone else? We know that he is a "native" of the island, but we also know that he leaves the island occasionally. (He was in Juliet's flashback. He recruited her to move to the island in the first place.)
Now poor Locke is lying, bleeding to death, in a pit of skeletons. (I say "poor Locke" loosely, as he has kind of been freaking out lately -- he ruined their biggest chance to get off the island when he blew up the submarine, after all.)
Some of my favorite parts from last night's episode:
Roger "Workman" the work man -- We first saw his skeleton in the episode where Hurley, Sawyer, and Jin find the van (along with all the beer). Turns out he's Ben's dad. Also, when they found the car, wasn't it tipped on its side, and the body was found outside the car. When Ben left his Dad, dying of asphyxiation, he was inside the car, which was sitting upright. Hmmm...
I also really liked when Juliet was finally confronted and accused of being a spy for the Others. She's a tough one to figure out. Is she bad or good? She sure does have Jack wrapped around her little finger. When she's doing good things, I tend to think she's got evil motives; but when she's doing bad things, I think, "Gee, her heart's just not in all this evildoing stuff."
I'd like to say we'll get the answers to the puzzlements raised by last night's episode soon, but I doubt it. Every episode just puzzles me a little more than I was the week before. I enjoy it, though.
Here he is. It's creepy old Ben. I liked all the references to The Wizard of Oz in last night's episode, which was even called "The Man Behind the Curtain." When it comes to Ben, there have been many references to The Wizard of Oz ever since he first appeared. Does that mean he's just going to be the poor guy behind the curtain, who is creating the illusion that he is more powerful than he really is?
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Holy Freakin' Lost!!!
Posted by Tracy B. at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're so funny. Not 5 minutes before I looked at your blog was someone telling me how I absolutely HAD to start watching lost. =)
At least next season we will be able to watch it together again and be all confused together. :) Oh, and did I tell you I heard that next season was going to be the last...?? They said the writers decided that they wanted to be able to end it before the viewers decided it was all just too crazy and lost interest. I really hope that isn't true!!
Post a Comment