I went to Walt Disney World with Evan yesterday. We had a really good time. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about taking him. I went back and forth about whether or not to take a stroller. He's not quite 3 years old, and I didn't want to end up carrying him all the time. But at the same time, I thought he would probably not want to ride in the stroller the whole time, and then I would just have the empty stroller to deal with. In the end, I opted not to take one. He did really well! I carried him alot though. He would just stop walking sometimes, stand right in front of me, stick his arms up and say "PICK ME UP!!!!" Overall, I'm glad I didn't have a stroller.
Evan REALLY REALLY liked the Buzz Lightyear ride. It's one of my favorites also. For those who have never ridden on it... the gist of it is this: You get in a little car. There are two laser guns attached to the front of the car and two scoreboards. During the ride, there are many little targets where you are supposed to aim your gun and shoot. The scoreboard keeps score to see who gets the most. Evan, being a little guy, could not see over the gun and had to pull the trigger all the way down to reach it. That made his gun face pretty much straight up. He scored some points though, so there must have been some targets on the ceiling. After we rode it once, he asked if we could ride it again. We did. After the second time, he wanted to go again. First we made an important phone call home to Mommy so Evan could tell her how much fun he was having. I think his exact words were, "Hello, Mommy. Do you want to ride the big ride? It's so much fun!" We did not ride it a third time, though, because the line got really long while we were on the phone.
Here he is riding Buzz Lightyear. He's got the gun in one hand and the steering control for our car in the other.
To Infinity and Beyond!
2 comments:
You forgot to say that when he called me he was so excited I thought it was Mickey Mouse himself calling because Evan's voice was so high and squeaky from being so happy.
Sounds like fun! What a cutie.
Post a Comment