Well, I have let time slip away from me again. I can't believe it's been so many weeks since I last posted anything. Not that I have any great excuse, but in my defense I must say that I have not even had a home for the past 2 months. I've just had priorities other than blogging. I'm glad to say that the homelessness is changing even as I type. My sister went and picked up the keys to our apartment yesterday. We went over there last night to kind of plan where we are going to put things and to do the checklist where you mark all the damage that already exists so you don't get blamed for it when you move out. I have to go to work today, but tomorrow I'm off. That will be my moving day. I'll take as much stuff over as I can. Jill is moving all the big stuff with the moving truck on Saturday. By the end of the weekend, I will FINALLY have my own home and can stop "living out of a suitcase" as they say. Hooray.
My Mom (those who know her know that her passion is botany) has given me several of the plants from her house, including two orchids! We had "Herbology" class last night, and she taught me how to take care of the various plants and flowers. I'm excited to cultivate my own little jungle. I've never been that great with plants in the past, but I had inherited some Christmas cacti when I began working at OSU. They had been left there by my office's previous tenant. I did okay with them, and now I'm ready to "branch out". (Look at that, I used a pun.)
I promise to add some pictures with the next post. I'll be able to get some pictures of the new apartment to show it off.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Long Time No Post...
Posted by Tracy B. at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment