At storytime every week, I start with the same song. It's a song about what we do when we get up in the morning. I have taught the sign language to the kids, so we sign as we sing. The first verse says we comb our hair, the seconds says we eat some food, we brush our teeth, we put on our clothes, and then we give hugs. So one of the moms came in this morning and said that her little girl got up this morning and wanted to eat some chocolate. Her mom told her she couldn't have any because it was too early in the morning, so the little girl started singing, "When we wake up in the morning, we eat some chocolate!" That's cute. It's nice to know they are absorbing the things I teach them even if she did change the words to suit her own needs.
Apparently it was a week during which chocolate was necessary because yesterday after storytime at my own library (I do storytimes 5 times a week at two different libraries), I was sitting at the children's desk when a little girl came up and started talking to me. She is a regular at storytime, so we know each other pretty well. I opened up a drawer and pulled out a princess sticker and gave it to her. She took the sticker, but she wasn't satisfied. She asked, "Don't you have any chocolate in there?"
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Let Them Eat Chocolate!
Posted by Tracy B. at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is sooo funny! Did you? I bet your are so good at the story-time thing! That's great...I need to do that with my boys...
That's darn cute.
that is so cute! Kids are so funny. I am glad that you are enjoying your job...
How cute! Both stories are cute. Good to know that the girls are learning about the bare necessities at such a young age. :)
chocolate in the morning always makes me happy!
Post a Comment