Friday, June 27, 2008

Sofa City

Jill bought a couch last January. It had a defect and the whole frame was broken on it. We talked to Kane's furniture (where the couch was purchased), and they said they couldn't replace it with the same exact sofa because it had been discontinued. We got to go in and pick out a different couch! Val, Jill, Devyn, and I spent all day last Saturday looking for a new sofa. We couldn't find one at the same store, so we asked for a refund. We went to another store where I fell in love with a couch. I ended up buying that couch. Plus, Jill found one she liked at yet another store. So, now we have two couches!


Here's mine...




And Jill's...


They are both very nice sofas! Mine was a pick-up, meaning Jason and I went in their van and picked the couch up from the store. Jill's was delivered. We decided to have it delivered today since this was my day off. They called and talked to Jill yesterday and told her that the delivery driver would call between 7:00 and 8:00 AM to let us know an approximate time he would arrive. When Jill left for work this morning, she tossed the phone into bed with me so I would hear it ring. Shortly after she left, I figured that since I was already awake, I would go ahead and get in the shower. I took the phone into the bathroom with me. I was rinsing conditioner out of my hair when it started ringing. I quickly finished rinsing and answered, but I was too late. The answering machine had beaten me to it, then I ended up accidentally hanging up on the caller. I continued my shower, figuring they would call Jill's cell phone and she would call me back in a few minutes. I get out of the shower and I'm standing there naked and dripping wet when I hear the familiar "beep, beep, beep" of a truck in reverse. I run to the window (still naked and dripping) to peek out. It's the sofa delivery truck! It's only 7:30! They were VERY early! It was a mad race to get clothes on. (I skipped the toweling off step.) I made it, though. As soon as I pulled my pants on, I heard the knock on the door. I wrapped a towel around my hair and went to answer the door. I guess it was my own fault. I had been wishing the night before that the couch would arrive early in the day because I had other things to do (like going shopping for library stuff and taking my nephew to see Kung Fu Panda). I wished for an early arrival, and I got it. I guess I wasn't specific enough, because when I said "early" I meant more like 9:00 or 10:00; not 7:30!







3 comments:

Valarie said...

Heehee! I was jealous after I was there, sitting on your nice, new couches last night. I want a new couch!!! I NEED a new couch!! Why couldn't I have found one nad made an impulse buy too?!?
Oh, and Ky was talking about Kung Fu Panda ALL NIGHT last night. He had such a great time on his "special day."

Mrs. Blimes said...

nice couches...! serious jealousy happening here as well.

Kari said...

Very nice. So, did you find out how far it is from NC to here?