I have decided to share some personal stories with the blogosphere. Here are some of my most embarrassing moments (in no particular order according the amount of embarrassment I suffered):
1. I Pee on Myself at Work
This happened a couple of years ago when I was working at OSU. My office was down the hall and around the corner from the little girls' room. I realized that I had to go, and then I realized that I HAD TO GO RIGHT NOW! I hurried down the hall, ran into a stall, locked the door, turned around, and sat down. AHHHHHH!!! Relief! Then I realized that, in my rush, I had not properly removed my skirt from the way of the pee stream. I was wearing one of those skirts that is a see-through flimsy layer of fabric over a solid layer of another color fabric. I got the solid layer out of the way, but I ended up stretching the see-through layer across the lid of the toilet bowl, so, essentially, I strained my pee with my skirt. Yup. I did. Then I was in a pickle. How do I explain to my boss that I needed to go home to change because I just peed all over myself? I didn't. I took my skirt off in the bathroom, stood there in my underwear, and washed the pee out of my skirt in the sink. Luckily, nobody came in while I was indecent. Then this would have gone from just an embarrassing moment to a totally mortifying event.
2. I Announce to a Roomful of Strangers that I have a Wedgie
This one happened one day when I went with Valarie to take Mikaily to her doctor's appointment. As we were coming out of the "back" after the appointment, we got into the waiting room. I thought the room was empty because there was nobody in my line of sight except for Val & Kaily. I said, rather loudly, "I have a wedgie!" Then I lifted one leg off the floor and proceeded the pick my wedgie in a silly manner. I figured I would get a laugh... from Val. I didn't not count on the other laughs I got from the 2nd waiting room, which was behind me and was full of people waiting with their children for the doctor. Valarie still makes fun of me for picking my wedgie in front of all those people. I still feel like a fool when I think about it.
3. I Practically Amputate my Finger While Pretending to be Edward Scissorhands
This one happened long ago when I was probably 14 or 15. I was "cleaning" the family room like my mom had told me to do. I can't remember if it was Valarie or Drew (or maybe both) that was in the room with my. My Mom was in the adjoining room. I picked up a pair of scissors and a popped balloon. I said, "Look! I'm Edward Scissorhands!" Then I began to cut the balloon frantically with the pair of scissors. The next thing I knew, I had cut through my index finger on my left hand. I stood up and walked in the kitchen, where my mom was, and told her I cut myself. I remember her telling me to go into the bathroom to wash the cuts, then I passed out on the kitchen floor. It hurt a whole lot! I wasn't out for long. I just kind of collapsed. It was stupid and embarrassing. I still have scars on my finger where the scissors sliced right through.
5 comments:
How funny! Rand and I got a huge laugh out of these. Love your new template. Where did you find it?
You're funny. I miss you. Most memories I have of you make me laugh. I like your new page look. It's cute.
Good times, good times! I had to wait for the tears to clear after reading the wedgie story before I could type. That was so hilarious!
P.Ss Your page looks awesome!! Wanna redo mine?? :)
hahahahahahahaha tracy you are so funny!!! thanks for sharing these stories!!! i gotta get drew to read em later!
Post a Comment