Monday, December 11, 2006

Wild Lights!

This weekend I went with some friends to the Columbus Zoo, where they are doing their annual "Wild Lights" show. Basically, as you can guess, they hang Christmas lights EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING! It was very pretty. I love Christmas lights. It was VERY cold outside, so we bundled up. I was wearing several layers of clothing plus coat, hat, gloves, and scarf. The problem was that I was comfortable outside in the cold air, but when we went into the buildings to see the animals it was really hot! Between all the layers of clothings, the heated building, and the scads of people, it was like a sauna inside the reptile house. I don't know if there's anyway to solve this problem. It's just something you have to decide before you leave your house -- be colder outside and comfortable inside or hotter inside and comfortable outside.

We had a good time.


Here's me with a GIANT snake who was very much asleep (and behind a glass wall, of course). I'm not a big fan of snakes, especially the GIANT kind. But he was very pretty if "pretty" is a word you can use to describe a snake.


This is me and my friend David. Bylle took this picture for me, and she moved the camera too soon. She ended up cutting off the top of our heads, and David's face is a blur of lights. I think it's kind of cool, but not as cool as the weirdness that happened in this next picture...



These are some of my friends who were there. From left to right it's Bylle, Brandi, David (not the same David as in the previous picture with me), and Benjamin. Look at the guy in the background. He's headless! I thought this picture was so weird because of that. I'm sure it was just because the setting I had my camera on and all the strange lights in the darkness that just made my camera cut this guy's head off for some reason. I promise you that there was no headless man standing behind them. I definitely would have noticed that.

0 comments: