Friday, June 29, 2007

Update...

I've been in Florida for 28 days now. So far, so good. I'm really really enjoying my new job. This week is the halfway point for the summer reading club. We had a party for the teens on Monday; the party for the elementary kids was last night; and the preschool kids' party is tomorrow. It's been a long week full of long days, but it's been really fun.

I still haven't found a place to live. The original plan when I moved down here was to rent a house with Val and her family. But plans change. Now that my parents have decided not to sell their house and to, instead, rent it to Valarie, that leaves my sister Jill and niece Devyn in need of a roommate. So, I will be living with the two of them instead. We looked at some apartments last week. At some point, we will look at some "condos." (I never understood the difference between apartments and condos.) It's a tough process to find a place, and unfortunately Jill and I work schedules where it's hard to find a day when both of us can go together looking for a home. I think we may have to start going separately, or come August we'll be homeless. Anyone know of any great deals?

3 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Let's try again. The first time I commented I forgot to proofread and it had major typos!

Good luck on the apartment hunting. FYI, a condo is an apartment that is owned by someone. Either the person who owns it lives in it or they own it and rent it out. An apartment is in a building in which the whole building is owned by someone or a company. The first place we lived in Colorado was a condo. Some people in the building rented and some owned. The owners could get new carpets, cabinets, whatever. They owned the apartment. We rented from this guy who just owned the one apartment/condo in that building. More than you wanted to know, huh?

Valarie said...

I hope you guys can find a place soon too! Otherwise we had better get ready to be packed in like Sardines!!