Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am officially a freak! (for Kari)

Okay, Kari... here you go. I actually meant to post this a long time ago and started working on it one night but didn't finish it. I hadn't thought of it again until I read your comment asking for it.

I created a montage of some of my favorite pictures from AccioCon. There are funny stories that go with many of the pictures, but, since I can't put captions in the montage, I will just have to explain them ahead of time. Hopefully when you see the picture, you will say, "Aha! That is the picture that goes with that particular story!" (Say it just like that... with a British accent.)

So, here's what you should know about the pictures...

The Twilight "look alike" characters are from The Hillywood Show. They have an online program, and they have spoofed many, many movies. Their Twilight spoof made them more popular, so they travel around and get paid to act like the characters... not a bad gig, if you ask me. It is these people in the picture where I am being "bitten." I walked up to get my picture taken with them, and they said, "Would you like us to bite you?" What is the appropriate response to that question? I said, "Heck yeah!" It is also these people in the picture that has Valarie holding hands with Lenora (the redhead in the gold dress). They don't remember holding hands, but when we saw the picture we realized that they were. What's up with that? Also, the very buff dude holding the video camera is the "Hilly Dad." That's what we called him. He is the girls' father, and he was very cool. We spoke with both him and his wife a lot. They were both very nice.

Let's see... in one picture, there is a very "sparkly" girl. Her name is Sarah. This one is a funny story... I might have told you this the last time I talked to you, but since that was a few weeks ago, I don't remember. Skip this paragraph if you've already heard the story. Sarah (who is also Mormon and had spent the previous week as the stake camp director at Girls' Camp and then came straight to AccioCon... VERY sleep deprived) brought spray on sparkles for us to wear to the "prom" dance they had. (Because in the book, the vampires sparkle in the sunlight.) She had already sprayed herself a lot, and then when we were walking into the building where the prom was going to be held, guess who was walking out? Kellan! (That's the actor from the movie, who is totally HOTT! As you will see in the pictures.) Anyway, he came out the door as Sarah was going in. She froze in place, and he had to kind of squeeze past her through the doorway. On his way, he said, "You ladies look very nice. I love the sparkles." (Or something to that effect.) At which point, Sarah yelled, "OH, MY GOSH! HE SAID HE LIKE THE SPARKLES!" Then she grabbed her can of sparkles and proceeded to totally douse herself in the stuff. Those of us within close proximity to her can of sparkles jumped back five feet so we wouldn't glow in the dark also. She looked like a disco ball! No exaggeration! She reflected every ounce of light in the room. It was very funny.

The girl who is dressed up as Professor Trelawney (from Harry Potter) is Jasmine. That's Drew's wife's sister. She shared a hotel room with Val and I. It was because of her that we went to the convention in the first place. She is friends with the girl who organized the whole thing.

Okay... in the pictures of Kellan...

There is one where he is looking at his butt. That was posed. I have no idea why he did that, but when he did, many girls screamed. I guess it doesn't take much, right?

There is also one where he is pointing with both fingers at his face. That was in response to Val's request, "Show us your dimples!"

There is one where he is on stage with Gil (another actor from the movie), and he is poking Gil in the neck. This was part of a funny story he told from when he was in science class in high school making homemade rootbeer in a pressure cooker. The whole thing ended up exploding, and his lab partner began spouting blood from her neck. He demonstrated how he poked his finger in the whole of her neck to try to stop the bleeding. (He did say that his lab partner recovered just find from the incident.)

There are many of him in a white button down shirt with a gray hat on... that's from the autograph session. He was very cool during that. He talked to all of us as a group and individually. There is one picture that is a close up of him kind of leaning across the table and smiling right into my camera. That is the picture that I was all poised and ready to take until he made eye contact with me. At that point, I forgot what I was doing and was stupified for a moment. Then I remembered that I was supposed to be taking his picture.

He did autographs on two days. The second day was when he was wearing the blue shirt. That was my favorite shirt he wore... mostly because that color of blue is my favorite color. Of course, the pictures that I am in with him were on the other days, so he's not wearing that shirt in those pictures. But you'll see that I got plenty of good pictures of him wearing that shirt. He also wore the dog tags with that blue shirt. Notice them. They were a gift from the Twilight Moms that went. That's what they gave him that made him choke up a little. He really liked them.

In the photos that were taken with Kellan in front of the backdrop (the very last pictures in the montage), there are two where he has his leg up. The fist shot we took was with his leg up on Val's side. He said, "Who wants to hold my leg?" Then he picked it up. We both said that we did, and we both grabbed on. Then, for the second shot, he put his leg up on my side. Apparently, I was a little too gung ho, and I picked his leg up almost all the way to my shoulder. That made him lean into Valarie, and he said, "Whoa, I'm really clenching my butt!" Val and I laugh every time we look at that picture. I really grabbed his leg and lifted it up there. I don't know what I was thinking.

The very last picture is the one I had him autograph. It's hard to read, but he wrote, "Tracy, can I bite you?"

So this turned out to be a VERY long explanation. I'm sorry you had to endure it, but you asked for it. I'll see you in a couple of weeks! I'm looking forward to meeting your boys.

Love,
Tracy

3 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

man you got some really good pics with kellan!

Kari said...

Awesome! You are too funny. Great stories! And you really did get some good pictures. Your favorite blue shirt is also my favorite color of blue. Thanks for posting the video. I'd almost given up checking. Can't wait to see you soon!!!

Kari said...

So, have you officially disappeared? I haven't heard from you in any form FOREVER! Hope you're doing well.